To install blink outdoor camera, download the blink app and follow the provided instructions. Blink outdoor cameras are one of the best safety and security systems available in the market.
These cameras are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions like rain, wind, and snow, and they are easy to install. Blink outdoor cameras come with a user-friendly app that allows you to set up the camera in a few minutes.
The blink app allows you to monitor the camera remotely and provides alerts when the motion detector is activated. In this article, we will discuss how to install blink outdoor camera using the blink app. We’ll also go over some common troubleshooting tips if you run into any issues while installing your camera.
Preparing For Installation
Checking Package Contents
Before you start installing the blink outdoor camera, it is crucial to ensure that all the packaging contents are included. This will prevent you from making a mistake or missing parts during the installation. Here is a quick rundown of what should be present in the box:
- Blink sync module
- Blink outdoor camera
- Mounting bracket and screws
- Aa lithium batteries
- User manual
Required Tools And Equipment
Installing the blink outdoor camera doesn’t need many tools or equipment. Here are the things you should have to make the installation process smoother:
- A smartphone with internet access
- Phillips screwdriver
Choosing The Right Location
Before you start mounting the camera, selecting the perfect location is essential for optimal performance. It would help if you considered the following factors before settling on a location:
- The camera should be installed away from moisture or rain-prone areas. Therefore, overhanging roofs, eaves, and other structures may provide cover against harsh weather conditions.
- The camera should be adequately elevated to provide a good view of the targeted area. However, avoid mounting the camera too high, as it will be challenging to access during maintenance and cleaning.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure as it can damage the camera’s sensor.
- Ensure that the wi-fi connectivity is strong enough to avoid frequent disconnections.
By considering these factors, you will choose the right location for your blink outdoor camera, making it more effective in securing your home.
Remember to follow the producer’s instructions on the user manual carefully, and don’t skip any steps. That way, you’ll ensure that your blink outdoor camera is adequately installed for maximum security.
Installing The Camera
Once you have unboxed your blink outdoor camera and sync module, it’s time to install the camera. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with the installation process:
Mounting The Camera
- Choose the location where you want to mount the blink outdoor camera and sync module. Remember that the camera should be placed at a height of at least 3-4 feet and pointed towards the area that you want to monitor.
- Use the included mounting bracket and screws to secure the camera in place. Make sure that the camera is level and tight before moving onto the next step.
- Once your camera is secure, it’s time to connect the sync module.
Connecting The Sync Module
- Place the sync module within a wi-fi range and connect it to a power source using the included usb cable and adapter.
- Wait for the led light on the sync module to turn blue.
- Open the blink app on your smartphone and create an account if you don’t have one already.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the sync module to your wi-fi network.
- Wait for the blink app to confirm that your sync module has successfully connected to your wi-fi before moving onto the next step.
Installing The Batteries
- Open the battery compartment at the back of your blink outdoor camera.
- Insert two aa lithium batteries into the compartment and close it.
- Wait for the led light on the camera to turn blue.
- Once your blink outdoor camera is powered on, it’s time to test it.
Testing The Camera
- Open the blink app on your smartphone and go to the camera tab.
- You should be able to see a live feed from your blink outdoor camera.
- Move around in front of the camera to check the motion sensor. You should see a green led light up on the camera when it detects motion.
- If everything is working correctly, congratulations! You have successfully installed your blink outdoor camera.
Remember, blink outdoor camera is a great tool to keep an eye on your home. With the easy-to-follow guide, you can install the camera within minutes, and with blink app, you can monitor your home from anywhere, at any time seamlessly.
In addition to the basic settings, the blink outdoor camera offers an array of advanced options that further maximizes security.
Motion Detection Settings
The motion detection settings allow you to configure the areas that you want to monitor and customize the sensitivity of the cameras. You can choose to receive motion alerts through phone calls or emails, depending on your preferences. Some tips for optimizing motion detection include:
- Avoid pointing the camera towards direct sunlight or reflective surfaces to reduce false alarms.
- Adjust the sensitivity of the motion detector to ensure that you receive alerts only for relevant events.
- Configure the motion detection zone to monitor only desired locations.
Scheduling And Arming The Camera
Scheduling and arming the camera is key to optimizing its usage. The blink outdoor camera has features that enable you to arm it manually or schedule its arming, depending on your preferences. Here are some tips for scheduling and arming the camera:
- Configure the arming schedule based on your work hours or when everyone is away from home.
- Arm the camera manually only when you are sure nobody will be home.
- For optimal security, create separate camera profiles for different situations such as at-home or away-from-home.
Live View And Two-Way Talk
The blink outdoor camera provides both live view and two-way talk features. The live view allows you to stream live footage from the camera. On the other hand, the two-way talk enables you to communicate with whoever is on the other side of the camera, either to warn off intruders or to communicate with family members.
Here are some tips to optimize live view and two-way talk:
- Enable the two-way talk feature only when necessary to avoid unwanted surveillance.
- Ensure that the wi-fi signal is strong to ensure a stable live stream.
- Turn off the two-way talk feature when the cameras are positioned inside the home to maintain privacy.
By following these advanced settings, you can further optimize the usage of the blink outdoor camera, making it an excellent tool for securing your premise.
Common Issues And Solutions
When installing any device, there are bound to be issues that arise. The blink outdoor camera is no exception. Here are some common issues and solutions to help you troubleshoot:
- The camera is not connecting to wi-fi: Try resetting your router and camera, ensuring that both are updated to the latest firmware version. If that doesn’t work, move the camera closer to the router or use an extender.
- The camera is offline or disconnecting frequently: Check for any obstructions or interference between the camera and the router, move the camera closer to the router or use an extender.
- The camera is not detecting motion: Adjust the sensitivity settings or try resetting the camera. Check to ensure that the camera lens is clean and not blocked.
- The camera is not recording or saving footage: Confirm that you have a subscription plan and check if the camera’s storage is full or needs formatting.
Specific Issues And Customer Support
If you encounter an issue that is not covered above or need further assistance, blink has a comprehensive customer support system to help you. Here are some of the ways to get in touch with them:
- Live chat: If you have any questions or need immediate assistance, head to the blink website and click on the ‘chat with us’ button available 24/7.
- Email support: You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for any technical or general queries. The customer support team will respond within 24 hours.
- Phone support: If you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can contact them at 1-781-332-5465 from monday to friday between 5 am – 9 pm pacific standard time and on weekends from 7 am – 7 pm pacific standard time.
By troubleshooting and taking advantage of blink’s customer support system, you can ensure that your blink outdoor camera installation process is a smooth and efficient one. If you encounter any issues, refer to the common issues and solutions above, and when all else fails, reach out to blink’s customer support team.
Frequently Asked Questions Of How To Install Blink Outdoor Camera
How Do I Connect My Blink Outdoor Camera To The Internet?
To connect your blink outdoor camera to the internet, first download the blink app, then connect your camera to your wifi network using the app. Follow the prompts and enter your wifi details to complete the setup.
Can I Use Blink Outdoor Camera Without Wifi?
No, the blink outdoor camera requires a wifi connection to function properly as it needs to connect to the internet to send alerts and receive firmware updates.
What Is The Maximum Range Of Blink Outdoor Camera?
The blink outdoor camera can detect motion up to 30 feet away and has a range of up to 100 feet from the sync module, which is the hub that connects the cameras to your wifi network.
How Long Does The Battery Of Blink Outdoor Camera Last?
The battery life of the blink outdoor camera varies depending on usage, but it can last up to two years with normal use. However, it’s important to note that the battery life can be affected by extreme temperatures and frequent motion detection.
Can I Access My Blink Outdoor Camera Remotely?
Yes, you can access your blink outdoor camera remotely using the blink app on your smartphone or tablet. As long as your camera is connected to wifi and the internet, you can view live footage, receive motion alerts, and adjust settings from anywhere.
To sum it up, setting up your blink outdoor camera is not as complicated as it may sound. With proper guidance and simple steps, you can enjoy 24/7 monitoring of your home without any hassle. Always remember to download the blink app, choose a good location, and test your camera before leaving it to work.
Regularly checking your battery life and keeping your camera firmware up to date will also help ensure your blink camera performs at its best. With the blink outdoor camera, you can always have peace of mind knowing that your home is safe and secure.
So go ahead and follow the steps outlined above and enjoy having a reliable security system for your home.