When you think of Vans shoes, you probably picture classic skateboarding shoes with a simple design and durable construction. However, Vans has expanded their footwear collection to include a wide range of shoes suitable for various activities, including hiking.
In this article, we will take a deep dive into Vans hiking shoes, exploring their features, design, and suitability for different types of hikes.
Understanding Vans Hiking Shoes
Vans hiking shoes are a popular choice for outdoor enthusiasts who want comfortable and durable shoes that can withstand the demands of hiking trails. Unlike other traditional hiking shoes, Vans hiking shoes feature a sleek, minimalist design that offers the perfect blend of style and functionality.
Benefits of Vans Hiking Shoes
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Durable construction
- Suitable for a wide range of hikes
- Stylish design
- Affordable price
Types of Vans Hiking Shoes
Vans offers a variety of hiking shoes that are designed to meet the needs of different types of hikers. Some of the popular options include:
The Sk8-Hi MTE is a classic Vans shoe that has been reimagined for hiking. It features a water-resistant upper, a heat retention layer, and a rugged lug outsole that provides excellent traction on a variety of terrains.
UltraRange EXO Hi MTE
The UltraRange EXO Hi MTE is a high-top hiking shoe that features a durable leather and mesh upper, a cushioned footbed, and a lug outsole that provides excellent grip on slippery surfaces.
TNT Advanced Prototype MTE
The TNT Advanced Prototype MTE is a low-top hiking shoe that features a water-resistant upper, a padded collar and tongue, and a durable rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on wet and slippery surfaces.
Choosing the Right Vans Hiking Shoes
Choosing the right hiking shoes can make a huge difference in your hiking experience. Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right Vans hiking shoes:
Consider the terrain you will be hiking on. If you will be hiking on rocky or uneven terrain, you will need a shoe with a rugged outsole that provides excellent traction. If you will be hiking on flatter terrain, you can opt for a shoe with a less aggressive outsole.
Make sure your Vans hiking shoes fit comfortably and offer adequate support for your feet. Look for shoes with a cushioned footbed and a padded collar and tongue.
If you will be hiking in wet or rainy conditions, you will need a shoe with a water-resistant upper that will keep your feet dry.
Caring for Your Vans Hiking Shoes
Proper care and maintenance of your Vans hiking shoes will help extend their lifespan and ensure they perform well on the trail. Here are some tips for caring for your Vans hiking shoes:
- Clean your shoes regularly with a soft brush or cloth
- Store your shoes in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- Apply a waterproofing spray to your shoes to keep them water-resistant
Vans hiking shoes offer the perfect blend of style and functionality for outdoor enthusiasts who want comfortable and durable shoes that can withstand the demands of hiking trails. With a variety of options to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect pair of Vans hiking shoes for your next adventure.
1. Are Vans hiking shoes waterproof?
- Many Vans hiking shoes feature a water-resistant upper, but they are not completely waterproof. It’s important to consider the conditions you will be hiking in and choose the right shoe accordingly.
2. Can I use Vans hiking shoes for other activities?
- Yes, Vans hiking shoes can be used for a variety of activities, including walking, running, and casual wear.
3. How do I clean my Vans hiking shoes?
- Clean your shoes regularly with a soft brush or cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach. Allow your shoes to air dry and avoid drying them with heat.
4. Are Vans hiking shoes true to size?
- Vans sizing can vary depending on the style of shoe. It’s important to refer to the sizing chart and measure your feet to ensure you get the right size for your foot.
5. Can I wear Vans hiking shoes on technical terrain?
- Vans hiking shoes are best suited for moderate terrain and day hikes. They may not provide enough support for technical terrain or long-distance hikes. It’s important to choose the right shoe for the type of hiking you will be doing.